2016 MS4 Permit Summary
The NSP has prepared several documents summarizing the 2016 MS4 permit for quick reference by various audiences. Note these documents are specific to the TMDLs and impaired waters in our communities and may not be applicable outside the NSP service area.
- Short Permit Summary, two pages for Selectmen or others who do not need full detail
- Full Permit Summary, intended as a quick reference for MS4 staff
MS4 5-Year Planning Worksheet
This excel worksheet or PDF file serves as a quick planning tool for MS4 staff. It allows you to make notes on what tasks you intend to complete in-house, with consultants, or with the NSP, and to indicate what year you plan to start. Areas where the NSP expects to be able to provide members with assistance over the five year permit term are noted. It can also serve as a quick double check for a plan prepared in house or by a consultant to ensure nothing is being missed.
- 5-Year Planning Worksheet, PDF for printing (ledger size)
- 5-Year Planning Worksheet, Excel for customization
NSP Model NOI
This model NOI will enable any NSP member to prepare their NOI quickly. A few basic fields will need to be customized and each community will need to indicate responsible parties for the various tasks. The model NOI includes a partially pre-filled copy of the EPA NOI PDF, instructions, and attachments containing the data needed to fill-in the three major tables in the NOI.
- Model NOI Instructions
- Partially Pre-Filled EPA NOI Form (RIGHT CLICK and choose “SAVE AS” or you will get an error)
- Part II: Summary of Receiving Waters reports for:
- Part III: Actions for Meeting Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Requirements, covers all towns (Excel)
- Part III: Actions for Meeting Requirements Related to Water Quality Limited Waters, covers all towns (Excel)
Annual Progress Reports
The NSP prepares an annual progress report that summarizes what was accomplished in the prior year. Member communities may select items from this report to include in their own annual reports to EPA, or may attach it in whole.